2020-21 Audition Requirements
Audition requirements for YWOW include the following:
1. You must be a member in good standing of your high school band program. The only exceptions to this are if your school does not have a band program, or you are home-schooled.
2. Create an audition video . Before you play, introduce yourself, including your name, your instrument, the school you attend, and what grade you will be in as of September 2020. Tell us what you are going to play, and then play it.
- Chromatic scale, memorized, and performed from the lowest note you have on the instrument to the highest note you can comfortably perform. At least two octaves, performed ascending and descending, at your fastest controlled speed.In order to qualify to audition, you must be a member in good standing of your high school band program. Home-schooled students are exempt from this requirement, as are students that attend a school where there is no band program.
- Two scales of your choosing. Multiple octaves preferred; memorization required. Play at your fastest controlled speed, ascending and descending.
- An excerpt. This could be a portion of your WSMA solo, or a portion of a work studied in your school band. 32 measures, minimum.
Send your audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Audition videos are due June 1, 2020.